Friday, February 03, 2012

Reasons.

As the famous saying goes, "Everything happens for a reason".
Well, a doleful, yet dejecting incident happened to me.

I can say it was my fault but it's hard to believe that I was somehow that reckless, obtuse and oblivious.

Some of you might not believe me too, but it happened. It was all of a sudden. Then again, no one else is to blame since there were no one else at that moment.

Fine, enough with the melodramatic introduction. What on earth happened to me? Come on, everyone's (if there's anyone) dying to know more.


My beloved laptop was attacked by 2 molecules of hydrogen atoms, 1 atom of oxygen and also glucose particles. 


I'm very grateful that I acted fast enough to save le laptop's life or else I'd be the most sad and rueful kid in school for the time being.

Some of you might scorn and diss me after knowing the truth. Not only that some of you might say, "That's it? You kept me waiting with all the suspense just because of your almost-dying laptop?"

If you refuse to read on or got bored already, I suggest that you exit this page. Might as well you spend your time wisely somewhere else. Thanks for dropping by!


Back to the story.
At first, I panicked. I was devastated and felt guilty. There were a lot of What Ifs and Hows, in my mind.

What if le laptop dies, how am I going to face Mum? She spent more than some Ks for this awesome going-to-college present.

How am I going to amend  le informative speech final draft outline (which is due next week), what if le lecturer won't believe my story?

What if the whole system crashed and the components are damaged badly, am I going to get a new laptop?

How am I going to react to knowing that all files and documents are lost and irretrievable?

Most important, how am I going to do things on le web, what if someone sends me important e-mails and documents?

And the list goes on and on and on.

I thought of preparing a farewell and thank you speech in case le laptop didn't survive. Cliché much.

Enough digression, let's skip to the ending. I'm now typing the whole story on le laptop. I'm grateful I can ignore the what ifs and hows since le laptop's condition is stable. I did tell Mum about the whole incident. I'm glad to have a patient, outgoing, awesome, loving and understanding mother.


The only bad news is the touch pad is paralyzed since it lost its nerves due to the attack. It's now less sensitive and the cursor is working partially. I can't click on anything. It won't budge.

The almost-RIP touch pad



All files, documents, programs, photos, videos, etc. are safe. I'm super grateful for that and also I need not any new laptop for the time being.


I guess that's the whole story. Sorry for making to those of you (who continued reading until the end of this post)  feel panicked and worried about me or even worse, almost had a slight heart attack or anything like that in the beginning of the story. Thank you for taking some time off your precious time to listen to me ranting, virtually.

No comments:

Post a Comment