Monday, February 20, 2012

Le School Bus.

 Finally I have an awesome (so-called) topic/subject to share.

It's about le bus(es) of le me school. I must not mention it fully in case the administration might fine me or anything like that.

It's just my opinion.

So, yeah. I go to school (college) by bus. The ride only takes about 5 minutes or so.
If classes starts at 0800hrs, I usually catch the first bus in the morning, at 0645hrs, sometimes earlier than that.
I prefer to be early and eschew myself from queuing up during peak hours i.e 0700hrs-0800hrs.

Everyday, the bus service operation starts at 0645hrs until 0945hrs (sometimes 0930hrs). During that 3-hour period, I can say that the buses are predictable, they will wait for us at the bus stop outside the residential colleges and they are available every 15-30minutes.. From 1000hrs-1200hrs, there's no bus since le driver are having their break.
Bus service operation resumes at 1200hrs. from 12pm-3pm the buses will send us back to the bus stop. Trips from school after 3pm will definitely be hassle as the drivers will drop students at the nearby petrol stations. We will have to walk for about 200m or less back to le residential college.

Peak hours for the afternoon bus service session is at 12pm-1pm. After that, you would definitely spend your precious time waiting in the bus for more than 30 minutes, unless the bus is full, only then it will start moving. So, don't expect any frequent bus trips in the afternoon.

Another thing, about the afternoon buses, they are super unexpected. Whenever you wait at le bus stop, they'll taxi at the petrol station. Whenever we are willingly to walk all the way to the petrol station, surprisingly (not that surprising) they'll go in and taxi at the bus stop instead.

I heard that the bus service is until 2300hrs. Unfortunately I can't give any light on that since the last bus that I usually catch is around 1800hrs.

Why on Earth did I ramble about le school bus today?

The story begins...

Today, One Monday morning, I took the first bus. After 20 minutes of waiting for the students to enter the bus, the bus left for school. Lately, buses before 0800hrs will taxi at the main road and we have to walk more than thousands of centimeters to our classes. I don't know why. Last semester, early buses will taxi at a housing area nearby.  Surprisingly, the bus driver drove us to the bus parking area instead. I was glad that I could save about a hundred steps to class.

Class ended at 1200hrs. I had to wait for about an hour for le class' photo shoot. As I was about to leave the set, the bus drove by. All I could do was stop and stare. SO, with a heavy heart I went to the bus parking area and took a nap for 30 minutes while waiting for the bus to move.

I planned to catch the 3pm bus since I wanted to attend le group's event: Dodgeball. I missed le 3pm bus due some circumstances. Then I waited at le pagoda and did some homework for the 3.30pm bus. As 3.30pm was about to arrive, I saw a group of medicine students approaching le gates of le residential college. All of a sudden it came to me. The bus dropped them at the petrol, station because it can't enter due to the stalls set up for Monday's pasar malam.

Thus, I packed my things and headed for the petrol station. I knew I had to waste another 30 minutes. I sat at the footpath like an idiot not knowing what to do. I didn't dare to continue le homework, in case le bus magically appeared and decided to taxi at another petrol station nearby ( there are 3 petrol stations, next to one another).

 After le dodgeball game, I boarded le 1800hrs bus. Another 3 friends from ADFP placed their bags and reserved themselves seats and went off for an important task. Those who boarded the bus after that, (after the last back seat was taken, the ones who had to stand throughout le journey) are the ones who knows me. They kept asking whether the seat next to me was taken. One of them even attempted to sit and that person was le me new friend. New friend was super excited to see me and wanted to sit next to me. With a heavy heart, I told new friend that le seat was taken. Immediately after I said that, I saw a tremendous change in le facial expression. Great, Now new friend despise me.

I think that's enough highlights, I wouldn't want to elaborate events after I politely didn't accept le new friend's request.

Le new friend, if you are reading this (as if)

All I can say for now is sorry.

Le new friend, I am sorry for not accepting your request to sit next to me in the bus.
 Maybe some other day? Tomorrow? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment