Sunday, May 08, 2011

Which Should I Choose?

I'm sure most of the kids of my age are busy with the preparations for Form 6, PSD/JPA scholarship interview results, local universities intake, matriculation, national service, etc.
Been hanging out in my lair lately, thinking about the choices between:

National Service
OR

Local Matriculation Programme

OR

Local University
as my backup plan.

I pray that I'll be able to get the MARA PILN 2011 scholarship. The problem I encounter is the deadline between the above choices are quite near with one another and I can't look down on any of them since these golden opportunities offered to me are equally incredible. 

As a lesson to everyone including myself; ALWAYS be grateful with everything we have and also things offered to us because others do not have the same fate with us. (Again, not offending anyone or bragging; never underestimate or diss others). It's hard being among the top students and vice versa. The reason why: top students encounter problems in making the right choices for their future whereas the others are unable to make choices and they will have to settle down with the only things they have.
So, plan your future wisely so you'll never regret with the decision you've had made, be meticulous; never take things lightly and better work hard now and you'll enjoy your success one day.

I haven't give any reply to any of the offers above but I'll have to make up my mind sooner since there's a lot of things to be settled; air tickets, daily essentials, forms to be completed, etc. I shall go back to my lair to analyse the pros and cons of the 3 choices. 



The Road Not Taken- Robert Frost


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference


I remember studying this poem during English a couple of years ago. I do hope and pray that everyone and I make the right decision in life.

I wouldn't want this to happen to me or everyone else

Wishing the best for everything in life to everyone. Hwaiting! Again I wonder why I have this optimistic side in me all the time. I'm grateful for that.

p.s Some of you may think that I'm overreacting or something and the choices I have are so-called quite simple, well, that's your problem. To me, it's complicated since there's a lot of details that should be taken for consideration. Then again, I might be feeling overwhelmed by this situation.

3 comments:

  1. for the ipta, did you get your first choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the ipta, did you get your first choice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anonymous!
    I apologize for the late reply.
    The offer I received wasn't my first choice.
    All the best for your applications! :)

    ReplyDelete