Friday, April 06, 2012

Speech Week: Fin.

Week 14/16's over! No more speeches for this semester. I've been waiting for this moment. Despite the fact that I despise public speaking (before and maybe a little now) but I'm glad I had to take USEL 23: Speech Communication this semester. It really taught me a lot.

Compared to last semester (USEL 13: Oral Communication) last semester's activities for that course are more fun. Let me recall what I did last semester. Hmm.. Let's see. Radio Drama, role play, campaign project. I guess the term "presentation" makes the whole situation less daunting when compared to the usage of the term "speech".

It's the mindset. I always imagine a person talking in front of a large audience or the principal giving their speech during the weekly assembly: where everyone stares and give full attention to you in the beginning and  in the end they get tired of you.

I shall not rant further in case I might experience the same situation which I mentioned earlier. All in all, USEL 23 is super imposing, especially with le lecturer. Le lecturer is just amazing, with all the dramas, acts and all.

Tick Tock. Watch out for the clock. Wow, it rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment