Sunday, April 10, 2011

One Of The Best Days Ever! Part 2

Let's recap events occurring for the past several days.

7/4/2011

Finally I was able to attend the driving test since I had to postpone it twice, for 2 weeks in a row due to the business trip with Mom.

Met some familiar faces including some partners-in crime. Waited for more than 90 minutes for the list of names.

I was selected for Session 1, the 17th out of 21 candidates. Session 1 were evaluated in the circuit while Session 2 had the on-the-road test.

Tried my best to keep calm so that I won't mess up anything. Did the ascending the hill, parking and lastly the turning. While waiting to be evaluated, I purposely stared up into the sky so I won't be distracted by the others.

After passing the circuit evaluation, had to wait again for the on-the-road test. Managed to strike up conversations with the other kids, just to keep my mind off the messing-up-anything part. The problem I encounter was I forgot to ask their names. If I did, they would automatically be my acquaintances, but sadly they remain as strangers to me.

Astonishingly, my partners-in-crime in Session 2 ended the driving test earlier than me! Gratefully, I assume that as a good sign so I could focus. Had my on-the-road evaluation around noon. I was assigned to go through Route C, in which to my opinion, was the most difficult route among the 3 routes. But hey, I accept the challenge. I made a promise to myself earlier that I would defeat those JPJ officers and that day would be my last time going to the driving institution (except when I have to collect my probation driver's license).

I got used to having lessons with Uncle in the afternoon, I guess that was a bonus point to me. I didn't have to change the gear since everything was green light. When I came near the traffic light, I slowed down, since it was a fine day, the traffic light turned green when I almost reach it so I sped up. Same case happened at the roundabout, the traffic wasn't that bad. I gave the signal to enter Route C but the officer said "Not necessary, it's peak hour. just drive us back". I was quite puzzled for a while because the officer kept looking at his watch. I wonder why was he in such a hurry, maybe he doesn't want to get stuck in the traffic congestion or he's worried that he was going to miss his lunch break. So, I followed his instructions and drove us back to the circuit. Gratefully, I passed! What an awesome birthday present, from JPJ! Wait, that doesn't sound right. I earned my birthday present from JPJ. That sounds better! Tee hee...

After 10 hours of D-lessons, more than 20 trips of illegal driving, L-license, ADIOS! 


While waiting for Dad to pick me up, managed to meet Uncle. As he was approaching me, he was giving me a thumb up, asking me whether I passed or not. I gave him 2 thumbs up as a reply. I could see his face light up. I told him about the part where I didn't have to go through Route C. He said that the case did happen a lot, the officer was confident enough that I could drive well. So I thank Uncle for everything, including the nickname he gave to me- Rain. I'm not kidding. I could hear him say that name clearly, with full enunciation.

Uncle also said that I might be able to collect the license in a week's time and drive legally. Anyone who wants me to be their driver, don't hesitate to ask but you will need to book earlier since my schedule will be quite tight! ;D

Lastly, had fever after a few hours upon arriving home from the circuit due to the extremely hot afternoon.

p.s This song is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment