Saturday, December 10, 2011

Out of Ideas.

Good evening, everyone. I guess the title ruins everything, but hey, it's the truth.
I really need to spend more time outdoors.

Dad brought me to the Immigration office to get myself a new passport. The old one, well, that's another story. Thankfully I brought a good tome along just to keep myself entertained. If only the other people did the same thing (just saying). It was somehow "worth" the 180 minutes of waiting. Enough said.

Another interesting thing (or should I say event?) caught my attention.


I was lingering around some fast food outlet and saw people lining up to order their food. No wonder the line keeps getting longer, even though there were 4 counters.

The ideal way to keep the line short and be a more considerate customer.

 Dining-out 101(my version)

1. Try to visualize your choice of menu before entering any food outlet. You're craving for some food, I'm sure you can do that.

2. Ensure you have enough bucks, or should I say appropriate amount of bucks. I realize the importance of those pennies nowadays, it makes the change that you receive in round figures.

3. While queuing up, decide your menu. This saves time.

4. When it's your turn, quickly say (in proper order): dine-in/take away, your menu,special requests and etc. before the cashier finishes their statements. This shows that you're in charge than them and indirectly this saves more time for conversing.

5. Before the cashiers has the time to inform you the total amount, quickly place your cash on the counter.

6. Sometimes the cashier would omit step 5 and prepare your food and you've done step 5. Hence, this is a good time for you to gaze the menu on the counter or even eavesdrop the workers in the kitchen and learn their codes for certain food on the menu. I managed to do so but I won't cough up any info.

7. The food's ready and pay up.

7 simple steps and you won't be the person who's holding the line. Unless you are indecisive.

Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy repasts with my family at home. We rarely dine-out so, I don't encounter this kind of things that often.

What was I thinking. Of course everyone knows those steps above. I'm pathetic. Again.

I have no idea why I posted this in the first place. Till then, stay awesome.

P.s I've decided to share and contemplate my awesome adventures this year after my TOEFL examinations. Do anticipate, and I hope I won't let you down with lame posts or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment